G code or GSender Error?

Fairly new to this all and do not really understand g code. Using Carbide Create and GSender.
Made a very simple design to cut 11 vertical lines 5.9mm wide and 1.5 mm deep and 25 mm apart. I set the XYZ axis and load the file then hit “START” and immediately an error message pops up “Program paused due to ‘M0’ command”. I hit “RESUME” and the job starts It cuts the first 5 grooves perfectly and then it “air cuts” (Z axis does not lower to correct cutting depth). It then cuts the next groove and stops. Again the error message appears. I hit resume and it cuts the remainder if the grooves perfectly. However the program stops with only 85 of 87 lines (97%) completed but all the grooves, except for one have been cut. I try PAUSE and the RESUME but nothing more happens, so I end the job. Any suggestions on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

1 Like

@abes39 Can you please post your gcode file, Abe?

Before:
G90
G20
(program description before corrections)
M05
M0 ;T10
M03S10000
G0X4.750Y1.000Z0.200

After:
G90
G20
(program description after corrections)
M05
M0 ;T10
M08
G0X4.750Y1.000Z0.200

With all the M03Sxxxxx removed, I no longer have issues with starting and running to the end of the program. I can speak to this as I also run Carbide Create and gSender.

@Megistus I must admit, Wayne, that I am completely confused. I don’t doubt your results, but they contradict everything that I thought I knew about grbl commands. I believed that the MO command was an “unconditional stop” command. Given your experience, I looked it up again and found that it can be a pause command. It depends on the OS. In linux, it is a pause, for example. However, I could find nothing that said that a program would run with that command in it, without the user doing something to get past the pause/stop.This would seem to support the experience of many users on this forum whose programs are stopping at the M0 command.

The M03 command turns on the spindle in a clockwise direction. It should not pause or stop the program from running.

I ran your program after corrections and it stopped at the M0 command and gave an error in gsender 6.7. I could resume and it ran to the end. I could not get it to run through without the error, though.

I appreciate that your experience is different from all the others here. Since Chris has said that the next release will address the M0 stop issue, my confusion is pretty much irrelevant. :grinning:

In programming, it is a safety to incorporate an M05 Spindle Stop at the beginning of a program in order to establish a clean start point, a throw back to earlier and larger processes. Will be looking a getting this command removed as well.
I believe the M0 ;T10 command is a pause stop of 10,000 of a second. Haven’t been able to get it out of the program without a bunch of other crazy stuff happening, so there it stays for now.
Next is the M08 command and associated M09 command at the end of the program which starts and stops the router by way of the coolant contact.
With the removal of all the M03Sxxxxx commands, which are generated at the beginning of each new Toolpath Group in Carbide Create, there is nothing to stop or pause the process.
With gSender 0.6.5, this arrangement of the program and on my equipment works perfectly.
Will not be upgrading to a current version of gSender until the file issue is resolved. Have a great day.

1 Like

@Megistus Tks for this, Wayne. I’m learning as I go along. Everything that I can find says that the T command is a tool number command for machines using tool changers. In your case, clearly something is different. I think, in the end, whatever works, works. The big differences may have something to do with how Carbide Create writes code, something that I know absolutely nothing about.

Take care, and thanks again.

This is correct, but it’s not really a command. It won’t cause Grbl to do anything… Just a way to track tool number.
The semicolon before it comments it out, typically.

M0 is a pause that should require user input to continue.
Carbide Create adds that with their generic Grbl post processor as a way to give the chance to put a tool in.

1 Like