gSender 0.7.2 Shortcuts Jogging Issue and Profile Saving

With all the new shortcuts I have been redesigning my mini keypad layout. In the process of testing my new layout I tried the angular jogging (X-Y-, etc.) and am getting error 2. It works fine using the mouse on the screen but gets the error 2 using the keypad. Below is the console display results. First attempt is with mouse on screen and second attempt is with the mini keypad. Sorry to add another issue as I know yā€™all are trying to get it finished. It will get done Iā€™m sure. Keep up the good work.

A second issue has also cropped up. Since I use a design computer and a CNC computer I tried exporting the settings. All went well until I tried to change the destination folder. The export wanted to use my downloads folder but I want to use my gSender folder. After I changed the destination and hit Save I get a file not found message. It wonā€™t let me change the destination. Works fine to the downloads folder. Can this be fixed? I know I can cut and paste but to me thatā€™s not the point. TIA

1 Like

Heyward, you know that weā€™re never bothered by being told what weā€™ve done wrong :grin:

Iā€™m glad youā€™ve reported both of these. Should both be pretty straight forward. I want to make sure when we make the ā€˜stable 1.0ā€™ version that there is it truly stable so people can feel confident using it. Any other bugs you find, send 'em my way!

1 Like

Chris, just installed 0.7.3 and neither of the items I posted has been fixed unfortunately. Angular jog with mini keypad still gives error 2 and export still only saves in downloads. Will not allow changing destination folder. Appears to create temporary file in downloads folder then after changing to a different folder canā€™t find temp file. Please try again. TIA

1 Like

@Heyward43 @chrismakesstuff Heyward: FWIW, I can export the gSender settings to any folder that I choose. It defaults to ā€œdownloadsā€, but I can select any folder. Iā€™m running windows 10 if that matters at all.

Not sure why mine doesnā€™t work then Grant. I had explorer up with gSender and watched both when I tried to export. A temporary file was placed in the downloads folder when I hit export. Then I switch to my gSender folder and hit save and get file not found. Am I not doing something correct? I also use Win10 Pro/x64.

@Heyward43 Iā€™ll send screen caps of what I see and do in a few minutes, H.

@Heyward43 OK, H, this is what I see and what I do.

With gSender settings open, I see this screen with the export settings button showing:

When I click on ā€œexport settingsā€, I get this page:

Note that the default location is ā€œdownloadsā€ and the file name is something long with the date in it.

Note also the list of folders on the left, under newgrant(e). I scroll down that list until I get to where I want to go, in this case ā€œgsenderā€, as shown here:

Note that now I am in my gsender folder. I click on the save button, which takes me back to the settings window. Opening the gsender folder shows that file is there, second from the right in the top row:

I hope that this helps.

Thanks for running through that Grant. Mine looks exactly like yours but I get this when I try to save:

Not sure whatā€™s happening. Iā€™m beginning to think it may be a Win10 setting but have no idea where to go. I even tried backing up library levels and shortening the name but neither helped.

@Heyward43 Thatā€™s a strange one, H. Looking at the popup, Windows is looking in f:\pictures. Your folder is in documents, not pictures. I donā€™t know why it would be looking in pictures, but that may be a starting point.

1 Like

@gwilki - that happened a number of years ago. A couple of our daughters and I were doing wedding photography and we usually took in the neighborhood of 2000-5000 pictures per wedding. These included engagement, bride/groom pre-wedding, wedding and reception. Double or triple that number with editing, album setup and space for multiple weddings. So I purchased a 1 terabyte hard drive to store and work with all of the pictures. So, in order to get the pictures folder (a system folder) onto the new drive I executed the procedure to move it. For some reason it also affected the documents folder. Never figured that one out. Thatā€™s why it shows under the pictures folder. Anyway I tried going straight to the documents folder, then system folder and still got the not found. Iā€™ll do some more research to try and solve. Thanks for trying.

2 Likes