gSender hangs when generating Outline

I have a F360 model that I’m trying to rough. I tried it with gSender and realized that I needed to reduce the orientation offsets for x and y. I adjusted them in the setup and have not been able to get gSender to outline since. It hangs on “generating outline” and eventually goes white. I’ve restarted. I’ve tried a million little tweaks to the toolpath but I can’t figure out why it’s suddenly not working. It’s just a smallish bowl with three pockets that are to be roughed with a .25 EM.

Does anyone have troubleshooting advice on how to approach this mystery?

1 Like

Hi Todd,

Would you be able to share your gcode so we could have a look at what might be going wrong? Feel free to PM it to me if it’s not something you’d like to share publically.

Kevin

I ended up starting all over with Aspire and got it to work. I guess knowing exactly what was wrong should have been my approach, but at the time I was more thinking about general troubleshooting approaches. What would you have looked for, for instance? I found an online gcode simulator and it worked fine there.

The outline tool creates X/Y pairings of all the movement end vertices for a toolpath, and then generates a convex hull that it converts into movements. You can think of a hull like a rubber band around the edge of all the outer points which determines the shape - this is the rough “outline” that is run.

If the function is not returning anything, somethings going wrong in that process related to it generating those points. If it’s recreateable for a specific file, we have access to a little more debugging than you to see what’s going on to fix it in the future/for others - it might be our accuracy is a little high in situations where the toolpath consists of tiled pockets of cutting movements like your original design image.

Glad you found a way for it to work in your specific case, but it’s useful for us to have samples that don’t work so that we can attempt to figure out “why” to prevent it in the future.

Kevin

1 Like