I’m beyond frustrated

Just to answer some of jepho’s questions, and hopefully give others some info:

WIn 7: No idea why the drivers wouldn’t install correctly, hence my problem/frustration. I would receive the error message regarding drivers (can’t recall it exactly now) but when I went to update, it would say current/best drivers are installed. This would do the same after trying with Arduino IDE. Since others successfully connected with Win 7, I decided it was a problem with my (old) PC and moved on.

Win 11: Downgrading to Win 10 can be as problematic as this issue has been. A quick Google search shows hundreds of issues. I did try, but got the “stuck at 80%” syndrome. Ended up cancelling it deciding to spend my time troubleshooting the disconnect issue with Win 10.

Win 10: Yes, Win 10 would connect “no problem”, as opposed to Win 7 which never connected. But, my real problem, was it would disconnect, randomly, and often.

I think this disconnect problem is actually a different issue than the OS software concerns this thread is really based on, so I’ll leave it at that. However, I am very hopeful I resolved my disconnect issue; I discuss that resolution in my FB post here (in the Longmill Group) Redirecting...

Hope everyone stays the course and works through their issue(s), especially with the help of folks like jepho & gwilki, who generously give their time and share their knowledge to help the rest of us find solutions.

Now excuse me while I go make some saw dust, oops, sorry, “chips” :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Me neither. I gave up that particular struggle with WinNT 3.1 in 1993 and headed for Macintosh OS 7.6. I have not looked back since then. I love using Carveco which is a Windows only program and I use that in Bootcamp, which is one Apple method of running Windows and I run Windows 10 for my Carveco experience. It is such good software that I would not willingly change.

Same comments as made for Win 7 applies.

This is one of the most difficult things to track down. It is never really obvious what causes a sudden halt. The only thing to comment upon is that the random nature indicates that it is pretty much always EMI. Shielded cables, separating cables and keeping power cables to routers strictly separate from stepper motor cables appears to work.

I had random halts and I had to reroute and separate every cable until the issue had been resolved. I don’t think the drag chains encourage adequate cable separation. My machine footprint is small and I had no place to install drag chains. I found it easier to separate my cable runs.

Speaking for myself, thank you for the plaudit. I am happy to assist where I can. CNC machining with a hobby machine is a very deep rabbit hole. Anything that can prevent people falling down wrong pathways is worth doing. Other folk helped me a gtreat deal in the beginning and I am just paying it forward.

Ladies and gentle man , children of all ages !! I am up and running haha. I don’t have a clue what I did but I logged into Easel and tried to connect on there and it failed. It asked if I wanted to trouble shoot so I clicked yes. Disconnected my usb cable and reconnected it and I head the proper sound for USB connection this time and bingo it all came online. I went over to Gsender and it connects now. I don’t know why that worked but it did lol.

I made a little project just to try it out and she works awesome.

Thanks again for all the help especially Grant you have been awesome.

I’ll post a pic of my first project. Super pumped. Still needs paint but this was just to try it.

2 Likes

@wpgstreetglide What took you so long Mark? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m glad that you are back among the land of the Long Mill living. It would be good to know what worked, but we should not ask for too much in these things.

Have fun. Please post your projects in the Show Off category where they will, no doubt, get the attention they deserve.

As your issue has been resolved, I’m closing this thread.