Machine won't jog at all!

Hi There! I have a 30x30 and I love it! I’ve made several projects and have been very happy…BUT… 2 days ago a made a project in Easel and everything went very smoothly. That night, since I also have g-sender, i saw there was an update available…so i performed the update. Yesterday, I attempted to start a new project, but the machine won’t jog! Not at all. Not on X, Y, or Z . It sounds like it wants to…there’s kind of a metallic “clunk” sound - like the gantry or spindle is hitting something or blocked. But everything is clear. Also, Easel alerts me prior to jogging that homing must be unlocked prior to jogging - it never used to say that. So i push the button to unlock it, and it still won’t job. Very frustrating. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hard to say, could be a too low jogging-speed or the grbl configuration. Could be helpful if you post the outcome of the $$ command.

1 Like

Thanks very much for your response, man! I am such a newbie, and it’s a bit embarrassing to ask questions sometimes. My case in point that although I know what you mean by the code command and grbl configuration within Easel, I don’t have a clue how to review the code or change. The reason I believe that it may be an Easel issue is that I recall Easel asking me a question about homing, and i think I gave it the wrong answer. I know signals are being sent and received by the motors because they get hot. But my thinking is that the code to cause the motors to move the machine is not working. Its totally frozen. The puzzling thing, Jannik, is that one night it worked perfectly. The next morning it did not. Very frustrating.

@BadGolferBob Bob: If the problem still exists, Jannik’s advice is good. In gSender, in the console window, enter $$. Select it all and post it here.