Many alarm on gSender

I Guys! I have the machine since last Feburay and very happy.But since couple week a don’t trust the machine.i scrap two project… Ran the program one without any problem, start the job and machine stop with alarm …restart the job, machine change direction just like that on Y axes. scrap the piece of coarse !
suspect the dust collector static noise…happen every-time I did good cut whit lot of wood passing in the dust shoo… I ground the hose of the dust collector…ran the program whit-out any problem… but still afraid to start any project…

any other idea?

Did my test… not the dust collector the problem … also happen with the shop vac!
never happen in simulation whitout cutting…! nobody had that problem ???

@patlef Patrick: What alarms are you getting in gSender? Are you running a Long Mill?

I may be misunderstanding, but you seem to be saying that when you grounded the dust collector hose, you had no problems, correct? If that is the case, why did you change to a shop vac? I suggest that if you do have a static issue, the shop vac will not be any better than the dust collector. The static is created by the air and chips flowing through the collection hose, regardless of what you are using to collect them.

If I am misunderstanding and you are having problems even with the dust collector hose grounded, I suggest that you try a project without any dust collection running. Messy, I know, but a way to eliminate or confirm dust collection as your problem. You could run a test on a piece that is already ruined.

Hello, Really sorry for all that confusion! I’m running long mill 30x30. I just finish all my test and for now nothing to do whit static! machine stop in program and I was not running any dust collector or shopvac. only things was the router running. now machine is running same program whit router off. happy to see its not static issu.

only things to eliminate:
router
firmire flash ans reload parameter
try whit another program

thanks keep you informe!

forgot to say…: never stop at the same place when it happen!

1 Like

Patrick,

I don’t have a lot of experience, but I can see a few possible issues that you may wish to look into.

1. gSender gives you the option of doing a test run before actually running the job. If you haven’t tried that, then I’d suggest you do so. If gSender has problems with the code, I believe it will show you which line(s) are causing a problem. Then go ahead and make the necessary corrections to the file and run it again.

2. What CAD program are you using to generate your design and to create your g-code? I am using Vectric V-Carve Pro, which although expensive (just under $900; ouch!), is absolutely worth every penny. I am a very experienced woodworker (but not with CNC equipment and software…) and have found that you get what you pay for.

Let us know how things are going for you.

Marty Schlosser
Kingston, ON

Hi !

after all week-end in test I can easily say the problem was the controller. I had to re-flash eprom in the controller and since than I ran the program many time and no more problem.The alarm I got before was all related to GRBL code.

Thanks Marty appreciate !

As the original issue has been addressed, I’m closing this topic. If anyone else has a similar concern, feel free to start a new topic, which will ensure that it is addressed promptly.