Oh dear... need some assistance to troubleshoot gSender

gSender appears to have come unglued and I need some assistance with getting it working again.

Symptoms today are the speed is not adjustable and it appears to be taking no notice of the set feed speed. It is almost moving as if it believes the instructions are rapid moves. The BitSetter macros are non operative. The router moves to the correct location and then start the descent towards the measurement button. It stops after about 10mm of travel and the machine gives alarm 2 and needs unlocking again.

I am using version 1.0.6.122 and it keeps suggesting I download the newer version but I cannot find it and help to the link for a mac would be great.

version 1.1.2

Hope that fixes your issues.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Michael. I have installed the latest version and will try it out in the morning, it being 23:34 here in the UK. I am very much obliged to you for your kindness in passing me the details which I needed to obtain the latest copy of gSender. :+1:

Hi - was this related with your other post which ended up being a units (mis) conversion?

Generally, gSender doesn’t do anything with toolpath feed/speed rates - that’s all handled by the firmware itself based on EEPROM settings or optional % overrides.

Hi Kevin. Yes, this was completely my fault. I was creating toolpaths in millimetres and using the post processor for inches.

Thanks for this information. I will try to be more aware next time.

1 Like

As the original issue has been addressed, I’m closing this topic. If anyone else has a similar concern, feel free to start a new topic, which will ensure that it is addressed promptly.