Shop organization

I have been attempting to organize our small shop into the best it can be, re did the longmill wheels, added a cooler pad under the laptop so i can close the drawer, moved my jointer so i have better acces to clamps,

Our shop is 10 X 16, have the cnc, bandsaw, jointer, drum sander, spindle sander, planner, mitre saw, drill press & vise on a single drawer vs a double wide tool cart, most aux tools are on flip carts.

New goal is better dust control, better discipline for hearing, only God knows what i have lost hearing wise.

My Longmill has a new Track spoil board, adjustable fences both X & Y. Lot’s of new clamping options so this year should be the best!

I have cleaned and vac’d everything for our new year of wood & crafts, doesn’t get much better than that!

Wish all of my friends on this special forum the best for the new years!

Bill

5 Likes

Well done Bill. The truth is no matter how big your shop is it never seems big enough. The next best thing is organized and clean!

@MikeH you are so right , it’s more than space, workflow dictates which machines are used, that even changes by project requirements.

1 Like