Tool change error (Line overflow)

When I try a toolchange in gSender (latest - stable) I get an error 11: Line overflow in the console when I hit the button for initial probe. Is this a known problem?

When I try the EDGE version nothing happens when toolchange starts, the program just seems to hang.

Maybe I am doing something terribly wrong?

First off, welcome to the group @Mmb!

I think that more context is needed in order to help you.

Are you trying to do a tool change during a job (single file, multiple bits) or before the job starts?

What type of machine and probe device are you using?

2 Likes

Hey, I’ve got the same problem.
Configured gSender to “Fixed tool Sensor”, set the position of my tool length sensor. Created a small testfile in Fusion360, one file, two operations with different tools. Zeroed in on my non-existent workpiece and started the job. I get the Error 11: Line Overflow Error. Console output (from the line where it says that it overflows):

(T14) (M6)
ok
ok
ok
ok
feeder G4 P0.5
ok
feeder M5
ok
feeder ({"PROBE_THICKNESS_MM":30,"PROBE_DISTANCE":108,"PROBE_FEEDRATE":150,"PROBE_SLOW_FEEDRATE":75,"RETRACT":4,"XPOS":-0.002,"YPOS":0,"ZPOS":0,"PROBE_POS_X":-796.499,"PROBE_POS_Y":-737,"PROBE_POS_Z":0,"Z_SAFE_HEIGHT":-10,"UNITS":"G21","SPINDLE":"M5","DISTANCE":"G90"})
error:11 (Line overflow)

And the corresponding part of my gcode:

G90G94
G17
G21

T14 M6
S9549M3
G4 P2
G54

Tried a bunch of stuff and settings several times, a lot of times … the last 6 hours or so, no change.

The machine is self build running on grblHAL. I’ve also got a regular touch plate connected (which is working as intended)

Thanks in advance.
Freddy

Edit: I tried it in the latest stable and edge.

Should be fixed in the next release :+1:

1 Like

Thanks.
I am using a printnc with grblhal controller and a “bitsetter like” fixed probe.
I tried all scenarios. Everytime the same error.

Just read that it will be fixed in the next release. That’s nice because I really like gsender. Nice work guys.

2 Likes