Why does feed rate increase

Hello all this has happened a few times. When I change bits, the feed rate increases considerably more than that set in the CAD program. I set xyz to zero after homing it. To me it looks like itโ€™s trying to catch up. For example, the feed rate is set to 40, but in the gender, it jumps to 1400-1600. Selecting the minus button in gsender has no effect. How do I overcome this?
Thanks

1 Like

@bubalarry What application is the feed rate set to 40 in? What parameters are they - in/min, in/sec, mm/min, etc?

Generally, if the minus button in gS does nothing, itโ€™s because the rate in the code it has been sent is over the max feed rate. If reducing it still leaves the feed rate over the max, nothing will happen.

1 Like

Just a thought but are you sure that gSender and your CAD program are using the same units, I know there is a setting in the firmware to report in inches if you use inches, otherwise I think the default is mm/min for grbl. I believe that all gSender does is parse the status report from grbl and display that. As a side note you can see a status report if you send a ? to grbl in the console.

1 Like

Can you share your gcode?

1 Like