Y Axis Grinding On the Y2 side only

@Dana Good, because I was starting to feel even more incompetent than usual. :grinning:

I did check my Mill and my $1 is set to 100, just as yours is.

I hope that your problems are over. Have fun, Dana.

2 Likes

@Dana your settings look good to me, it’s good that the $1 is not set to 255. One other thing I’d check now is that when you tell the y-axis to move a certain distance that it moves the distance you tell it to :+1:

2 Likes

Hi there, also have the hot motors issue. Is there a fix to this? Sorry if it’s been covered. I think we have V4

2 Likes

@Joe_Lawrence Joe: In this thread, the hot motor issue was solved when Dana reset the dip switches in his controller. Further, he confirmed that $1 was set to 100 in grbl.

Have you looked at both these solutions? If so, are you motors still running hot?

Dip switches were the answer, motors are cold now! I blame my colleagues who assembled the board while I was away lol. Also the calibration process on the gsender helped me straighten the table nicely, within hundredths of a mil now. I was having trouble with the y axis getting thrown off during a cut. Thanks!

1 Like

@Joe_Lawrence Glad to hear it, Joe.

As the original issue has been addressed, I’m closing this topic. If anyone else has a similar concern, feel free to start a new topic, which will ensure that it is addressed promptly.