New GRBL Gcode Sender: gSender

Ok I will get a video as soon as I can. I have client orders on the go today so I am back to UGS for the day. Gimme a couple days and I will get something

1 Like

Does it have a STOP and/or PAUSE button? I can’t find it.
Also , IMHO I don’t like the screen colors.
Mark

@LosOjosRojos Welcome to the club, Mark. If you are talking about a pause and stop button when running a toolpath, it has both. They are large buttons superimposed on the visualizer window. When you click the pause button, it changes into a resume button.

That said, I’m thinking that you may be asking about something else, as you really can’t miss these buttons.

Is your Vista 32 or 64 bit?

@chrismakesstuff Used your new sender yesterday for a five hour carve, very much liked the simplicity and clean design, probe worked well. I am going to stick with it. Thanks for another great offering. I will provide the google form feedback also. Thank you again,

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with very early version of gSender

@marzvt what does it look like when it’s dropping out?

It dumps the loaded file and looks like it was just started with everything reset.here is a picture of it right after it dropped out.

Very odd, can’t seem to replicate that on our end right now so we’ll have to just keep looking into it. If you have any further info to offer then just let me know :+1:

Moved on to the new version. Ill let you know how it goes.

That’s what exactly happened to me too same problem

The new versions don’t have the disconnect problems. I had an issues with the probing not working right on .5.5 just installed .5.6

1 Like

My Touch Probe is now working correctly with 0.5.6. Thank you.

3 Likes

Also having probe issues, I can’t find a link for .5.6. could you send me one?

@equal_lateral Linn: If you are running 5.5, close it and re-open it. You will get a pop-up asking you to download and install 5.6

1 Like

Used my brain and found this for anyone who needs it… maybe just me haha Releases · Sienci-Labs/sender · GitHub

1 Like

Has anyone got it running headless?

I currently use cncjs on a RPI 3B, would like to run this the same so I can use a laptop remotely.

Hi, yes I did, on my PI4, just make the appimage file “executable” and then… enjoy!

How do you access remotely? I don’t see an open port.

@blats it’s not yet available to run headless, just for running on the Pi itself for the time being

-Chris

1 Like