Sienci Site Feedback

Thatā€™s a brilliant comment Jeff, never thought to explain it out like that. Iā€™ll head back and try my hand at this new technique :stuck_out_tongue:

If youā€™d like I can give you a hand with it some time. Iā€™ve got some practice turning a phrase (although not turning woodā€¦ yetā€¦)

Itā€™s really important to try and ā€œput yourself in the customerā€™s shoesā€ and look at how s/he would look at the website. Thatā€™s hard to do when youā€™re deep in the forest and engineering focused, but itā€™s really important. It wasnā€™t long ago that I didnā€™t even know what a Z-axis was so it can make it very intimidating for first time CNC buyers - even if they are experienced woodworkers.

Also, check out www.wistia.com. I can highly recommend them to host your corporate videos and you can use the viewer consumption data (how long a video gets watched on average, where most users abandon the video, etc.) to hone your various videos and convert more window shoppers in to buyers.

Let me know if youā€™d like to discuss offline sometime.

-Jeff

Thanks for the offer Jeff :+1:

Iā€™ve made some more changes today, and will likely be making some further changes tomorrow. I think Iā€™ve added some more wording that makes better sense in the main description.

I was planning on posting back to this thread once weā€™ve made some greater leeway with the website improvements to see if anyone wanted to toss in some further comments; so far itā€™s just been changes to the shop.

Another thoughtā€¦

ā€œThe LongMill is a powerful and affordable hobby CNC router perfect for any workshop.ā€

I donā€™t think you should demote it to just a hobby machine. I would say: ā€œThe Sienci Longmill is an affordable, powerful, compact CNC machine suitable for home or light professional use.ā€

Iā€™m geting .05 precision on mine (after finally getting things adjusted, still need locktite) which is very accurate and repeatable. Lots of small shops or shops that only need a CNC occasionally could use a Longmill (given the price point). Donā€™t be so Canadian and undersell yourself quite so much.

Weā€™ll talk, there is much to learn, young Jedi. :slight_smile:

-Jeff
\

3 Likes

If marketing then it should be more along the lines of: The Scienci Longmill is the most powerful and affordable machine in its class.

Too many adjectives bogs people down, no more than two to a sentence. The machine is one sentence. The use of the machine is a second. The class of the machine is a third. Etc. This is from psychology not from me.

1 Like

Twitter has destroyed the human attention span.

Hi all,

I just wanted to write a quick follow-up to this older thread: Aleks and I finally released a new home page!

Weā€™re still working on other aspects of the website and some tweaks to the home page, with many ideas in mind thanks to all your feedback, but for now weā€™re very pleased with the work we accomplished on the new home page :slight_smile:

Check it out!
https://sienci.com/

3 Likes

hey, thatā€™s cool. on mobile the menu seems a bit jumpy - maybe itā€™s just nervous?

Iā€™d love to see an easy ā€œmy accountā€ link, but maybe Iā€™m just overlooking something obvious.

otherwise very nice, well done

1 Like

Looks great!!! Well done to your team!