A couple inlays I made

Here are a few inlays I made. I was impressed with how well the long mill did. They are tight.
This one is for my wife.

This one was for the hell of it. lol

What the heck, here are a few more projects.

6 Likes

The wine glasses in the one I made for my wife needs to be tweaked a bit if I make another one. I think some how the walnut should be the wine in the glass but if I did that there would be no distinction between the glass and the wine. I could just use some cherry for the wine, that might be interesting.

Your inlays look very nice! Did you do them with the v-carve method?

Micheal, thank you. I did use the vcarve method and it worked great and it was a lot of fun. The painted key holder was a vcarve and the last one was a profile cut and then I used my laser to burn it. I have a 3 Max laser by NEJE. I was very impressed with how easy it was to go from the Longmill to the laser and have everything lineup. I’m actually starting to sell some stuff and that’s cool. I don’t need to make a living, I’ve been retired for a while now but it’s kinda nice to be able to start supporting my habit!

I just want to add that the detail I got in the wine bottle text blew me away. I had a couple people ask me if it was printed on the wood.

2 Likes