Anyone take a minute for the Eclipse?

We were at home and saw it got dark that was weird didn’t so out but was cool the see the shadow. Anyone get pictures of it?

1 Like

I took two photos, but they kind of look like a white cow in a snow storm.

2 Likes

It was a pretty big deal here. We had about 1m 45s of totality, and I can’t imagine NOT taking the time to see it. We had a beautiful day for it as well. Here’s the best pic I got, slightly (but professionally) modified.
Notice Venus below and to the right of the sun.

Note: The pic is a real one of today’s total eclipse of the sun. The editing job is a joke.

3 Likes

My wife got two pairs of glasses and we went out every 15 minutes or so from the start of it. We are a bit north of the ideal viewing area. According to the experts, we got to 98.6% total. It was very strange to feel the temp drop so quickly. We didn’t get completely dark, but the light was weird.

3 Likes

It did look really weird. We didn’t have anything to watch it so we stayed inside. safer that way. Didn’t let our doggo out either.

1 Like

Low ISO/slow shutter with a deconstructed set of glasses over the lens:

Ultra cool experience, albeit a little surreal. Waterloo was pretty close to 99% - thankfully the clouds cleared up in the early afternoon so we didn’t miss it.

5 Likes

Your pics @KGN turned out well. In the Midwest, we were expecting 85% coverage. Here is the pic I took using glasses over my iPhone. Not near as clear as yours.
IMG_1709

2 Likes

Cool pics I was surprised how dark it got here.

My chickens went crazy in their run for a couple of minutes after the max coverage. Just a lot of squawking and carrying on. Not sure if it was from the eclipse, or it was crazy town for another reason.

LOL THat would have been funny to watch.

I managed to get some decent shots near Brantford Ontario… really happy how they turned out, given I just used my phone.

5 Likes

Thats an awesome shot. Love the colour you got into it. Even if it may be by accident.

1 Like

It was cloudy here in southeastern MN, but I did experience the wind and drop in temperature.

2 Likes