Anyone using Carveco software?

hey astro, hello from another crazy cannuck. im in guelph ontario. I’m using a one year paid subsciption to carveco maker, and the long mill is not supported either. So just saying that that out of the equation when comparing the two.

Thats ok…thtas why we have G-Sender… although the newest release gave me a lot of grief… still waiting for answers on that. Longmill suport not an issue in this case. I just have a feeling that vcarve pro may be easier and maybe more features… Not rushing into buying but very interested in it.

Good to get to know another crazy canuck too!

@astro4000 You may already know this, Alex, and it is only me that is confused by your post. Gsender and VCarvePro are totally different animals. Both can be used with the LongMill, but there is just about where their similarities end. You need both, or at least a sender and a CAM/CAD program.

Yes I do realize they are different and both are needed. I just want to hear more about VCarve as I am using Carveco. Just wondering if I should someday get VCarve whether desktop or Pro.
How other users have compared the two.
I use UGS and G-Sender except my last gsender carve with update had many bugs coming out of the woodwork (pardon the pun)

1 Like

@astro4000 I can talk about VCarve, but not the others, Alex, so I can’t see being any help to you. I find VCP to be very powerful and very well supported by Vectric and the user community. It is pricey, though.

Thank you… Finally an expert to discuss with…
How huge is the difference between Desktop & Pro?

1 Like

@astro4000 Far from expert, Alex, but tks. :grinning:

Here is a chart from the vectric site that shows the differences.

https://archive.vectric.com/products/desktop-pro-comparison.html

Much will come down to what you intend to do with your Mill. A key difference in the two version of VCarve is the size limitation. Desktop is limited to projects 24" x 24". There are ways around this such as tiling, but they can be a pain.

Price is always a consideration. Each of these has a trial version that you can play with. The big limitation of them is that you cannot save your gcode and run it. You can always buy the Desktop and use it. If you want to upgrade to the Pro version, you pay only the difference in price, so you are not out anything.