Bits get blisteringly hot doing even simple jobs

Iā€™ve noticed this since day 1 on my MK2 (using Makita router and bits from Sienci).

Can run a simple job hogging out some pine (eg. Pocketing out a few 6" x 6" squares x 1" deep) following Sienciā€™s Feeds and speeds database (I have it imported into Vectric and always double check against their pdfā€™s to make sure itā€™s the same when setting up toolpaths).
The hogging out generates what appear to be good size chips, no obvious burning, etcā€¦

The bit and collet/nut get insanely hot. Like up into the 80-90+ Celsius territory.

For what itā€™s worth, I have tried brand new bits and they behave like this too so I donā€™t think this is due to dull bits.

Wondering if anyone has any input on effective testing I could do to try getting this running cooler.

UPDATE
So perhaps I have a router problemā€¦?
Just running the router (no load) for about 15 minutes, the shaft and collet nut hit 70+ Celsiusā€¦not sure how hot they should get with no load on them but that seems kinda hot for no load

I donā€™t know the answer to your question, but just doing general woodworking, the blades and bits get hot just from normal use when Iā€™m making multiple cuts or drilling. I was taking a long screw out of my table the other day with an impact gun, twirled it out, grabbed the screw, and it was hot enough i had to drop it. So I think something like a router bit which is constantly working may get a bit hot. I may be wrong but thatā€™s what my brain says based on prior experience without testing. Possibly the router is getting hot?

Yeah, friction is a bitch! I expect things to get kinda hot but my understanding is that if chip size/load is correct, the chips will carry away a bunch of the heat (unlike an unscrewed screw that relies on air coolingā€¦and your fingertips :smiley: to dissipate the heat) leaving endmills comfortably hot.

So perhaps I have a router problemā€¦?
Just running the router (no load) for about 15 minutes, the shaft and collet nut hit 70+ Celsiusā€¦not sure how hot they should get with no load on them