Christmas Contest 2021

Thanks. That was my first thought but I ended up planing my board after I cut it. Another lesson learned.

Some more candle holders
 a great Christmas gift! These were cut using the LM in two passes - one to rough and then a finishing pass. Two of the holders in the image show the output from the finishing pass from the LM
 you’ll note that there is still quite a bit of sanding that needs to happen. All of these are still ‘unfinished’ but will get a coat of Rubio. The ones in the image are in White Oak and Ambrosia (Wormy) Maple
 I have some Black Walnut and Ash that I will also be using.

2 Likes

I second the flocking idea. I use it on my custom gun boxes. I grabbed my kit off of Amazon.

1 Like

@rabult I really like the design, Robert. Is it yours?

Thanks, bought a kit from Lee Valley. Will give it a try.
Russ

Thanks. Yes, its my design. This is the final version I landed on after 3D printing a few that didn’t quite have the proportions I was looking for. I did the 3D model in SketchUp and used CAMLab to generate the g-code.

1 Like

One of our members Dany (@djomphe) shared his submission to me through my inbox, as he seemed to have trouble submitting it here, so I am reposting it on his behalf:

Continuing the discussion from Christmas Contest 2021 :

Hello everybody,
i am from magdalen Island, quebec and i love my longmill

Here is a gift souvenir for my mom. My dad died in 2019 and i decided to engrave him for a lifetime souvenir. i took a picture and i convert it in vector file in gimp and inkscape to make the path in aspire. it took me about 2 hours to engrave but after having spent 4-5 hours to details the path. If i would not have done that, it would have taken more than 8 hours, i used a 15 degres v bit 1/8 to have all the details. i stained the engraving and i sanded the plate to be able to see the wood grain. You will understand that i can not share the file for that. Hope you will appreciate. Thanks for sharing all your nice work.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

Submissions are closed now, however you can keep talking here if you’d like :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for participating - now let’s move onto VOTING!

2 Likes

Missed the deadline but sharing anyway! Some wall art for the kids.

• 1/4" endmill for the roughing pass
  • 1/16" tapered endmill for the finishing pass
  • Cedar (black one was first attempt, pine with black stain)
  • Carveco Maker, gSender

Cheers!

2 Likes

Bonjour, Dany,
tres bien fait! Je suis certain que ta mere va etre tres content de recevoir cette cadeaux incroyable!

de Marty

1 Like

2 Likes

That is a beautiful frame! Very nicely done!
Jake- CNC Woodworker Wanta Be

Very Nice! I always loved Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tree and the Grinch and his pup. They were icons of Christmas when I was young. Charlie Brown, Frosty, Rudolf and of course the Grinch were from a time that brings back fond memories watching with my parents in anticipation of Christmas Day. Thanks for sharing!
Jake

1 Like

Just found a picture from the actual cut on the LM
 thought I’d post it for interest.

1 Like

In addition to the object, i like the table bracket hold downs
!!

2 Likes

I agree with @Andy1. For everone who is interested, the german word for these plates is “Tischbeinbeschlag”
 I think you call it “table leg bracket”.

1 Like

That’s exactly what they are. I took apart an old Ikea side table a few years ago and keep the brackets for 
 some future project. Turns out they make excellent hold downs - I find them incredibly versatile. I flip them and reverse the nut for thin stock.

2 Likes

Sorry i just seen this im not on the forum to much thank you. I just try to line everything up and set with dowels.

2 Likes