CNC Enclosure Finally built

Finally got around to building an enclosure for my Longmill. I have sketchup plans that I am happy to share with anyone interested. Still need to add some sound proofing but happy with everything so far.

Based on the amount of help I have received from everyone I wanted to give back a little.

The base is made up of solid oak. The enclosure is a missmatch of plywood, oak and MDF.

I still need to add the door openers to assist with raising the front lid. It is very heavy!!

Below is a list of supplies that I used (I do not get anything from you purchasing for yourself) :

Vacuum Hose:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-1-7-8-in-x-10-ft-Pro-Grade-Locking-Vacuum-Hose-Kit-for-RIDGID-Wet-Dry-Shop-Vacuums-LA2570/305626336?ITC=AUC-97521-23-12140

Retractable lanyards (ended up having to double up on a couple locations due to weight of hose. Used a total of 10. Lanyard attached to eyehook and cable ties around hose):

LED Lights (very happy with the way they lit up the enclosure):

Plexiglass Front:

Hose reducer (Used a hole saw in the right rear corner. Reducer from 4" to 2 1/2". You will have to use the adapters in the vacuum hose kit from Home Depot)
:

@BC201 Boy, Chuck, when you come back after being away for a while, you don’t mess around. :grinning:

That is quite the engineering feat! For anyone here with the space for it, your design seems to have covered the bases.

I really like the retractable reels for managing your vac hose, it seems like a great way to suspend the hose without securing it too rigidly.

They really worked great. In a couple places I needed to double up so that the weight could be properly supported. But for the price, not sure that you can beat it.

1 Like