Compression Bit

Bought the 1/8" compression bits for the Sienci Store and they cut fantastic, especially through 1/4" plywood. Some of the cutouts I am working on require a 1/16" bit. I have 1/16" up and down cut, but get fuzzy cuts at top or bottom of piece depending on which I use. Does anyone know if 1/16 compression bits even exist? I have searched the internet with no luck. If anyone knows or has seen these bits please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

@BC201 Like you, Chuck, I’ve never seen one. I would think that the issue may be that the cutting length of 1/16" bits is so short that to get both and up cut and down cut spiral on them is not possible.

You’ve likely already considered this, but when I am cutting jigsaw puzzles, I set two tool paths, each 1/2 the thickness of the material. I cut the top half using the down cut bit and the bottom half using the up cut bit. That way, both surfaces are clean. For the second tool path, I start it where the first left off so I’m not cutting air. It adds to the time for each project, but I’m too lazy to do all that sanding.

2 Likes