Documentation issue for the 48x30

So I am following the VIDEO instructions for the 30x30 video, while I am building the 48x30.
I understand there is some deviation, but I keep making simple mistakes.
Here is a funny one!

So because I am listening to the Video, I follow the instruction.
ā€œremove 13 links from the Y drag chain and then ADD 3 on to the X chain.ā€

I sized out the drag chain and thought , thats too short.
So I quickly realize I have a 48x30

So I follow the instructions in the PDF.

Depending on the size of LongMill you have, remove and add links to each drag chain as follows:
ā€¢ For the 12x30 LongMill, remove 16 links off of the Y-axis drag chain and add 3 links onto the X-axis chain.
ā€¢ For the 30x30 LongMill, remove 13 links off of the Y-axis drag chain and add 3 links onto the X-axis chain.
ā€¢ For the 48x30 LongMill, remove 13 links off of the Y-axis drag chain and leave the longer X-axis drag chain at its original length.

Now I dont know which drag chain is the OLD Longer chain, and which is the shorter chain because I split them and I have 2 chains, but I dont know how many links the X chain should have, or how many the Y chain should have.

Can someone please tell me for the 48x30 how many links should X & Y chain have?

@chrismakesstuff
Could you update the documentation to define:
12x30 should have X links, and Y should have links
30x30 should have X links, and Y should have links
48x30 should have X links, and Y should have links

1 Like

Yes I didnā€™t put the count since itā€™s a lot of links to count through. For the 12x30 and 30x30 youā€™re starting off with two of the same length chain so there is no ā€˜longerā€™ or ā€˜shorterā€™ one until you start to modify them as stated. For the 48x30 thereā€™s an additional ā€˜longer chainā€™ included in the extension box - that one is the ā€˜longā€™ X-axis chain, meanwhile whichever of the other two chains that are equal length can be the Y-axis chain once 13 links are removed

Sorry I know I didnā€™t answer your question directly, Iā€™d need to go and find the count. The easy answer to your question though is that the chains need to be long enough to move throughout the motion of the axis of the LongMill - so you can always add more links until both axes are able to move to their min and max positions uninterrupted by the chain