Dog on painted ceramic tile

Did a laser of my dog on painted tile. Turned out well but the clear coat bubbled the paint some. Going to try a water based coating.

6 Likes

This looks good. What kinds of materials can the finished product be?

This is white ceramic tile painted white then black on top. You have to reverse the image. Then laser. I think I did 30 percent power and a speed of 40 ipm

1 Like

Nice burn.

I was having the “bubbling issue” when sealing. This is an issue with the solvent used in the spray sealer interacting with the uncured paint.

When using regular clear coat like Rustoleum 2x the tile must cure for at least 48 hours before clear coating. Start with a very light coat and let dry for a couple hours. Follow up with light coats until you get the look you want. So far I haven’t had this issue again.

I haven’t tried water based sealer yet. It’s a little hard to find locally.

Not sure if you have a Lowes near you, but we sell a Minwax Polycrylic clear coat that is water based. Both in a quart and spray can. Home Depot does as well with Varathane.

Thank you, I’ll take a look the next time I am near a Lowes or Home Depot.

1 Like

I thought this was going to be a whole different deal, my dogs are always stepping on things. I do use table top epoxy on a lot of projects. Might work on yours, might not but will probably have a little fir in it no matter what you use

That’s what I was planning on. The polycrilic