Dust collection hose

Hello!
Next on my journey is dust collection. I am having some difficulty ordering 2" hose for my MK2 dust boot. I really don’t want to use the inside diameter and would rather use the outside. Ultimately, I want to hook this into my 4" dust collection that I have. How did you all get from the dust shoe to your 4"? Thanks, I appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.

Jake

1 Like

This is what I ended up buying.

POWERTEC 70147 Tapered Adapter, 4-Inch to 2-1/4-Inch - - Amazon.com

1 Like

@Swinly Thanks Lonnie! Did you just connect 4 inch hose to your LongMill? That would make it quite easy.

Jake

Yep, slipped the adapter on the dust shoe and then the 4" hose with a hose clamp.

1 Like

Wow thanks Lonnie! I would like to see a picture of your set up with that 4” hose. I was somehow believing that I couldn’t use a 4” hose directly off the dust shoe. I have a 4” to 2 1/2 adapter, but it doesn’t quite fit (hard plastic).

1 Like

@Jake Sorry, it is a tad blurry.

2 Likes

Thanks Lonnie! That is cool. Will get one ordered this evening. Got the 4” hose already. Makes it easy for sure.

I would like to see the “boom” for lack of a better term. I have my 4" hooked up to my dust collection boot but I don’t want it to limit the machine from moving. Appreciate if someone could put a picture or two of what they used. Thank you!
Jake

@Jake not really a “boom”, and only using a shop vac, but what I did was secure it to a shelf running over the machine. Pardon the disarray, I’m still getting things sorted.

I’m using retractable name badge holders to secure the hose - it gets me a nice full range of motion. I think I saw somebody else suggest using them elsewhere on this forum.