Attached are pics of the dust shoe mod.There is not a lot to see, I guess.
I traced the plywood “top” that came with my LongMill onto 1/2" MDF. I cut out two copies on my bandsaw. (I suppose that I should have used the LongMill, but my skills with a bandsaw and drill press far exceed those on the LongMill.)
I have a 2 3/4" forstner bit, so I used that to drill out the hole for the router. Likewise, I have a 1 3/4" forstner bit that I used to drill out for the dust collector hose.
On the top piece, I drilled out for the screws holding the brackets. On the underside, I counter bored for the heads of the bolts so that they are sunk below the surface of the MDF. I used a scrap piece of Corian (the mint coloured piece in the pic) give a bit more thickness to plug the dust hose into. I expoxied that to the MDF. It won’t wear from inserting the removing the hose like MDF would.
On the piece holding the brush, I drilled the two holes holding the brush to the MDF. Again, I counterbored them so that they heads of the bolts sit below the MDF surface.
I had on hand 1/2" rare earth magnets. I get them locally from Lee Valley. I also had the cups they fit into. I went with three magnets in each piece of MDF. The holes for the cups are 5/8 and are drilled about 3/8" deep. The cups are epoxied and screwed in place.
My original plan was to simply make a top plate from MDF and put magnets in it and in the brush itself. But, there is not enough meat in the brush frame to hold magnets. It may well have been strong enough to simply put magnets in the top MDF and wrap steel wire around the brush frame, but I wanted more surface and went with the second piece of MDF. That could well prove to be overkill.
I drilled a notch in the two pieces of MDF that will allow me to put a screw driver in between to pry the pieces open, in case it’s too tough to simply pull it off.
That’s it. Long winded, I know. If you have any questions, feel free.