Error code issue

hi
i have been getting this message when using the jog controller in the platform. what should i do?
[error while processing response <an error was detected while sending '$j=g21g91x-0.001f10:(error :8) grbl $ command cannot be used unless grbl is idle. ensures smooth operation during a job. streaming has been paused.

thanks
Larry

What numbers have you got entered in to the jogging window in UGS?

Hi Chris

Thanks for the response.

I had downloaded the platform and brought up the jog controller in order = to set up the cnc for mounting on a board. In the instructions, on line, = it suggested to move the gantry forward to setup the positions for = screwing down the gantries. No numbers entered, just tapped on the y and x symbols.

The message is:

[error while processing response <an error was detected while sending = '$j=3Dg21g91x-0.001f10:(error :8) grbl $ command cannot be used unless = grbl is idle. ensures smooth operation during a job. streaming has been = paused.

Thanks for your efforts
Larry

PS couldn’t get this far without your videos.

Do you have these values set in the jogging window?

• STEP SIZE XY = 10mm
  • STEP SIZE Z = 1mm
  • FEED RATE = 1000

Good morning
I am still getting these error messages when trying to jog the axis.
the step sizes and feed rate are set as per instructions.
In the jog controller, I can move along the - minus direction, but get error messages for the + direction

thanks for the advice.

@bubalarry Are you using the USB cable that came with your unit?

I realize that you cannot manually jog, but can you run a job at all?

There is a post online referring to this same error and the advice seemed to centre on it being caused by noise going to the grbl controller.

If your router is running when this happens, try turning it off, disconnect UGS from the controller, and turn the controller off. Then re-start everything except the router and see if that fixes anything.

Do the same for any dust collection that you running.

I am using the blue usb cable included with the unit.
the router is off. I am attempting to move the gantry forward so that i can install the screws. The gantry moves forward to about the middle. A command to move forward again gives the message that’ the jog target exceeds machine travel’
This occurs if i use another programme also.
hope you can help
thanks

@bubalarry This is a new error, yes? This one sounds like your controller thinks the Mill is smaller than it is.

I think the solution is to reinstall the firmware, and there is a page on the site on how to do that, but wait until you get good instructions on that. Don’t take my word for it.

1 Like

Seems that you have hard stops enabled which the machine normally doesn’t have enabled by default. I agree with Grant that you should re-flash your firmware, compare your machine vs. the defaults and change accordingly, instructions can be found here: https://sienci.com/dmx-longmill/changing-eeprom-settings/

How did you solve the error? I have the same problem

1 Like

I suggest to disable (0) $20 and $21 if they are enablend (1)

@alekzds Welcome to the group, Rafael. You will find it a great place to learn about your Mill and the software you are using, as well as being able to post pics of your projects.

WRT to your question, the original post was over a year ago, by a Mill owner using UGS as his code sender application. Are you using UGS, or have you come over from the dark side :grinning: and are using gSender?