Formal request for a tuneup / maintenance video on youtube

@chrismakesstuff
As someone who likes to have easy to follow along instruction, I really appreciated the video’s you made for the assembly.

I find it frustrating to follow along a gob ton of documentation and read , understand complete, especially if my brain farts, and I miss a step, it can take me hours to find something insignificant.

So to that end, I realize now that after months of use of my mill, its time for a checkup, cleaning maintenance and alignment.

I would like to formally request that someone make a video that is sanctioned by Sienci to be the go to for things to do at 1 month, 1 year …

• how to align the backlash nuts.
  • what to oil, what not to oil.
  • what to clean
  • which parts to change
  • which parts I should keep in stock because they break, wear out, …

Yes, I can take the install guide and reverse engineer it, but I feel it would be better for the general population to have a best practices video up on YouTube for

• Preventative
  • Regular maintenance.
  • signs to look for

anyway,

what do you think?

8 Likes

I think that’s a great idea! :ok_hand: Not sure why we haven’t thought of making one up 'till now. I’ll have to see what the timing will be for when we could start filming but I would certainly put this as higher priority

In the meantime, if anyone else has maintenance info they’d like to see mentioned in the video, please add it to this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

One thing I can say in the meantime is that Bucky’s Customs (@Dana) did a great video on maintaining the LM not too long ago, so it’d recommend checking that out if you haven’t already

4 Likes

Did this idea ever get any attention from Sienci? I’d love to have this resource. Maybe it’s elsewhere and I just can’t find it?

@monolith Hey there, long time no see! I haven’t seen anything like that and I would like to see it as well. I would also add some basic troubleshooting tips, like when your machine doesn’t connect or when the gantry doesn’t move like you think it should move. All the things one would like to know about instead of scratching your head and cussing.
Jake