Formal request for a tuneup / maintenance video on youtube

@chrismakesstuff
As someone who likes to have easy to follow along instruction, I really appreciated the video’s you made for the assembly.

I find it frustrating to follow along a gob ton of documentation and read , understand complete, especially if my brain farts, and I miss a step, it can take me hours to find something insignificant.

So to that end, I realize now that after months of use of my mill, its time for a checkup, cleaning maintenance and alignment.

I would like to formally request that someone make a video that is sanctioned by Sienci to be the go to for things to do at 1 month, 1 year …

• how to align the backlash nuts.
  • what to oil, what not to oil.
  • what to clean
  • which parts to change
  • which parts I should keep in stock because they break, wear out, …

Yes, I can take the install guide and reverse engineer it, but I feel it would be better for the general population to have a best practices video up on YouTube for

• Preventative
  • Regular maintenance.
  • signs to look for

anyway,

what do you think?

7 Likes

I think that’s a great idea! :ok_hand: Not sure why we haven’t thought of making one up 'till now. I’ll have to see what the timing will be for when we could start filming but I would certainly put this as higher priority

In the meantime, if anyone else has maintenance info they’d like to see mentioned in the video, please add it to this thread :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

One thing I can say in the meantime is that Bucky’s Customs (@Dana) did a great video on maintaining the LM not too long ago, so it’d recommend checking that out if you haven’t already

4 Likes