From CNC router to CNC plasma Pt2. Installing The relay

I got the relay in from Amazon.com and installed it on the controller. Still waiting on the water pan.

2 Likes

Brilliant! I never imagined you could convert this to plasma. Awesome work!

1 Like

I 3d Printed the adapter to hold the torch with the router mount. I designed it in Fusion and put it on thingiverse.

1 Like

Really appreciate you sharing this! I debated getting a plasma table first, but decided to get a router due to cost. Would love to see videos of this up and working. Thanks again!

1 Like

The new video I posted last night I cut a “Bigfoot bottle opener” out of an old panel cover I found in the back yard. It will be better when I get the water pan installed, but it is working now. I think I posted it here as well.

Awesome. Just subscribed to your channel.

1 Like

Same here. I wanted a plasma then saw some of the prices. Pus I have always done wood work. But everyone keeps asking when I will start metal work. So I decided to convert this Longmill to plasma. Then there is the matter of space. I have a small building. about 12X20 something like that. I have a large CO2 laser in there, with the Longmill, small table saw, There is no room left for another table.