Getting ugs to accept and load a g code file

ok found it in carveco. took abit but think i found it

lets try this!!!
file:///C:/Users/lonnie/Desktop/sarah%20v%20carve%201.dxf

@lonnie Lonnie: That’s a location on your local drive. I cannot access it. I will look at Carveco to see how to export a file and get back to you.

In the meantime, if you can find the .nc file on your PC, upload it here, rather than the copy and paste that you did.

ok, thanks for all the time and input

@lonnie I can’t see any way in Carveco to export that dxf file. Not to worry. It looks like the toolpath is to carve out a letter A. Is that right? Don’t worry about uploading the .nc file. I can work with the text you posted here. Also, don’t worry about uploading the dxf file. I was just curious as to what the final product was supposed to be. I opened the code in ncviewer and it looks like the letter A.

I tried to run the gcode in ugs, as you did and I am getting errors as well. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

@lonnie I did a search here and there were others getting error 33 from ugs using files created in Carveco. One user said that he contacted Carveco and they sent him a new post processor. There is something about the number of decimal places carveco uses in the standard grbl in post processor. You may want to contact carveco.

Here is the thread. Aaxiscnc got the postprocessor. You could reach out to him to see if he would send you a copy.

grant seems like you got everything figured out. yep simple every day A. glade you could work thru things from your end. really appreciate the time you are investing.

@lonnie Tks, Lonnie, but we haven’t fixed anything yet. I can run a simulation on ncviewer, but both UGS and gsender freeze with an error message. If you cannot contact @aaxiscnc, I would recommend that you contact Carveco. Clearly, they are aware of the problem and will be able to send you a new post processor.

just got off the phone with them. seems i have the most updated release on processors. they want me to upload and send them the files and gcode so they can look at it. this is gonna be fun.i’ll keep ya informed as things go.

@lonnie It sounds like they are supporting their application. Good stuff. Pls post what they tell you, Lonnie.

I sure will. just have to learn how to find and upload all this info they want.

@lonnie I’m sure that they will be able to help you, by pointing you to the folders where Carveco saves its files.

hey grant, currant update. contacted carve co and talked for a fair amount of time. about the issues i was having, and how sienci labs was supposed to be a fully supported machine on the post proccesor list, and wasn’t? and they advertised a one month discount for long mill users. well works out they wanted me to upload all my files and images so they could look them over and see if it was something i might of done. as for the P.P, his response was use grbl inches youll be fine. doesnt address the issue. but heres a work around. only way i can qualifiy for any discounts is to cancell my currant subscription and re open a new one thru sienci labs… So long storie short, i cancelled my subscription, and opened a one year subscription with Vcarve pro. and have to say, pretty happy with my limited experience so far. but i actually got tool paths saved intact and have even tried makeing some saw dust.the L.M. performed the best ive ever seen it run. so so happy with making the move over. will keep you and hayward updated as i cover more distance on this road of discovery.

2 Likes

@lonnie I’m glad to hear that things are moving along, Lonnie. You will love VCarvePro. I was not aware that you could buy a subscription to any of the Vectric programs. Must be new.

Mark Lindsay has an excellent set of videos on VCarve for beginners. Visit his Youtube channel, marklindsaycnc.

Have fun.

1 Like

thanks, may not be a subscription. but i paid the license fee for the pro version… will post pictures of first cuts within the next couple days. kinda been busy juggling cnc and those other nasty life issues that keep cropping up.

@lonnie - Grant is right. It’s a license not a subscription. It’s yours to keep. The only charge you will ever have is an upgrade charge. Since you just purchased the license you are covered on upgrades through Version 11 I believe. When it goes to Version 12 then if you want to upgrade it will cost you. I’m guessing around $50 (don’t quote me on that). Enjoy VCarve Pro.

1 Like

@lonnie You will not regret your purchase, Lonnie. The Vectric forum has many great guys to help you with their software, there a youtube videos galore and you now have access to free monthly projects posted on the Vectric website.

thanks guys, look forward to the cnc horizon. thanks for all the help

2 Likes

simple line drawing. but for my first kick , it didnt come out too scary. File ran start to finnish, with no hickups and yeah pretty darn happy with the out come of this little experiment.

3 Likes