Importing images

Hi everyone, new to this site an the CNC world. I’ve been in the woodworking industry for many years manufacturing custom wood moldings and have my own shop and do custom furniture on the side. My buddy an I have purchased the Longmill and have it all put together now. I’ve been playing around with carbide create program using a MacBook Air. I’m having trouble importing pictures or logo’s. just wondering if anyone could help me out? thanks in advance.

Mike

Mike, welcome to the LongMill experience. There are a lot of people here willing and able to help so please ask.

I haven’t used CC that much but I do know you can only import SVGs and DXFs. Many of the graphics programs, like Inkscape, will import a graphic and export it as an SVG. There also free web services that will do it. Try CloudConvert and Zamar.

Have fun.

Bill

1 Like

Hey Bill, thanks for the reply. I’ve been playing around on Inkscape an watched 12 tutorials on YouTube and finally figured it out last night. I was trying to export the file under Inkscape SVG and as soon as I changed it to export PLAIN SVG to CC then it worked. so thanks again for the Reply!

Mike

1 Like