Installing 12 V led strip POWERED BY THE CONTROL BOARD

Hello everyone!
I am wondering if it is possible to powered a led strip directly from the longboard v3 ?

1 Like

@georcote I would think that the 12v switched outlet on the controller would handle that, assuming that you are planning to use 12v led strips.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer .
Yes i was looking at a 12 volts led strip without power supply because i was expecting to control the power directly from the longboard via a switch instead of a chord with a swich and a dimmer to avoid another plug in the wall.

1 Like

i think that a 5m long del strip will draw too much current from the longboard according to the longboard documentation below.Since i should limit to 500mA and 5m of del strip = 24 watts whic is a lot more than 500mA
So i will buy a strip with a power supply.

12V auxiliary power

The Longboard provides auxiliary power for adding fans, lights, and other low current add ons. We recommend limiting the current draw from this plug to 500mA as drawing too high of a current may limit current to the drivers.

@georcote Sorry for the bad info, Georges. I should have asked the length and wattage of your LED strip before offering advice.

George, yeh you’d be up around 2A. I was typing faster than I was thinking and thought you’d be good - Glad I proofread it.

1 Like

I didn’t know that led strip draw so many current!
I should have checked the specifications of the longboard before asking my question sometimes I’m a little lazy ha ha! Since nobody was harmed we can considered that it was a good chat thanks again for your replies.:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like