Just finished my 30x30 MK2

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum Mike! I really like your setup and I noticed you swapped the X motor to the right side and put you controls on the right. I did that too with my original 30x30 LongMill. It’s nice to see that you can still do it with the MK2. When I did mine I had to fabricate a mount for the Y cable chain and drill a hole to mount the X cable chain. Did you have to make any modification to the MK2 or is everything symmetrical now?

No modifications required, just in the software.

1 Like

@alaska42 welcome from the cornfields of Iowa! Nice set up! I like the right side set up. Would have be nice for me being right handed, but I get along well with it on the left. I have the same casters on my table. They do work well! So what are you planning on creating with your MK2?

Again, welcome!
Jake

Very nice setup. I haven’t gotten my LongMill yet waiting for my garage to be finished. Quick question, was size is the top and where did you get the retractable rollers?

Thanks Jake, I just used the CNC to flatten 2 chessboards that were too big for my planer. I will be using it to personalize cutting boards and chessboards. I am also designing some tool holders for my french cleat system.

1 Like

@alaska42 Outstanding! I have been messing with French cleats to hang cabinets and display boxes on my walls. Good system that works well. I have some pieces to flatten that are too large for my surface planer as well. Haven’t ventured into that yet, but definitely need to. Happy Thanksgiving!
Jake

2 Likes

My table is 70 inches by 49 inches. I got the casters from Amazon. https://amzn.to/3gsxqsz