Low profile waste board clamps

I have a T track waste board for my LongMill MK2. I would like to make some low profile clamps that use the T tracks. Sienci had some clamps they developed and offered the gcode for these threaded clamps but I can’t seem to find them anywhere on their web site. Can anyone help?

@timjet - Try looking at their Facebook page under the file section. Not sure it’s there but worth a try. Good luck!

1 Like

I found it where you suggested. Thanks 43

1 Like

Not sure what you use for CAD/CAM but I uploaded some clamp files for Vectric. I have had good luck with those clamps. They aren’t hard to design if you use something other than Vectric.

Good luck with whatever clamps you decide to use!

1 Like

Thanks Michael, I have similar clamps I made using my router table. Very useful and not a big deal if the bit runs over them. No damage to the bit and easy to replace. Thanks

2 Likes

@timjet If you go into the freebies section of the marketplace category on this forum, you will find a couple of designs, too.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that I made some of the toe clamps that Sienci designed.

I can’t find the file but I modified the dxf file to take a 1/4 20 nut instead of the threaded
inserts because I had a box of nuts already so why buy the inserts. Just an idea depending
on which clamps you make.

1 Like

Yup, those are the clamps I’m referring to. Do you like them?

I usually use the ones in my first post because I just feel more confident with the down pressure they
provide but I think the toe clamps probably put some down pressure because the toe is angled down.

I have used them a couple of times without any problems. I also made a right angle fence, not sure
about the name, but like a carpenters square, with a circle relief in the corner, that can be clamped to
my t-tracks using the same knobs and hardware that the clamps use. With that as a stop and 2-4 toe clamps depending on the size of the project it worked fine. I use them if I need access to the whole top of the work piece.

I just err on the side of caution and use the other ones if I can. I have also used tape and glue and that
worked fine as well but it made me nervous about it coming loose.

Thanks Michael, I’m going to give making those a try.

1 Like