Machine Preset Profile Add to gSender

Since I sold my Longmill because of downsizing, It would be nice to see the Fox Alien line of CNC’s (Masuter, 40x40, Vasto) in gSender for the machine profile pre-sets. My plan was to continue to use gSender with this Arduino based machine. My specific machine is the Masuter (not Pro) with a 40w Laser and 300W spindle.

I just realized you cannot change those profile settings at all and MUST pick a preset.

I realize this is a little off topic and not a response to the OP, but I just received my new Longmill Mk2 48 x 30 (thank you Sienci Team!) and in anticipation of assembling it and putting it to use, I also loaded the gSender update 1.1.2 and started the setup process. I was amazed to see that the machine profile pre-set for this new model is not included in the machine pre-sets. I’d sure like to be able to use the full area for my projects – any idea when this might occur?

1 Like

Hi,

We’ll be adding profiles for the extension kits in the next build.

There is no need for a way to manually input numbers since the machine profile mostly informs the firmware tool what to use for flashing/default EEPROM now, and just shows the currently set EEPROM value for dimensions.

You should be able to customize the EEPROM dimensions in the firmware tool to the correct dimensions in the meantime if you have the extension kit - $130, $131, and $132 are the relevant settings. We’ll make sure there’s an easier route in the future.

Cheers,
Kevin