Magnetic dust shoe - a tale of caution

I have the Sienci magnetic dust shoe for my MK2. Works fairly well…but…beware if you shift your router about.

I shifted the router about a bit due to cabling issues when it got close to the left Y axis (was pinching the power cable). This resulted in the spindle lock button being at the worst possible place…oriented directly above a sloped edge of the inside of the dust shoe…the perfect assistant to press the lock button in when the router plunges down for a deeper pass.

Needless to say, it was a nice little light show of sparks when it tried engaging the lock at 22k rpm…

@GMac Welcome to the group.

I have moved your post to this topic as I believe it will get more attention here. Tks for posting this.

Thanks. I actually had it in this category first and then discovered the other category and thought it was best there…so I moved it :smiley:

No worries…as long as people find it useful!

1 Like

I had the same issue with the cord hitting the left side on my MK1. Instead of turning the router I 3D printed an elbow to bend the cord.

Not sure what I would have used if I didn’t have a 3D printer but maybe it gives you an idea on how to manage the cable without turning the router.

2 Likes

Great idea! That definitely looks like it’s effective at steering the cord up and away.

I do have a 3D printer and was just thinking along the same lines now that I’ve rotated it away from the “instant brake to break” zone :smiley: