New 48x30 MK2 - thanks Santa

I’m new to the cnc world and super excited about my new “toy” I’ve got a lot to learn about tools and feeds & speeds. The starter kit is a great option. The dust collection works awesome! I screwed up my waste board/t-track calculation so need to cut a couple wider boards but couldn’t wait to get started.I’ve been reading about stencils on this forum and going to pick up some Oracal 813 to test today.

2024-01-06T05:00:00Z2024-01-06T05:00:00Z

2 Likes

Nice! Looks like you’re up and running and already cutting stuff.

The hardest part is over; the anxiety of starting.

2 Likes

@Shakeytown I can feel your excitement! Have a great time carving.

1 Like

Welcome to the group Shakeytown! Santa was very kind indeed to you this year. Don’t be shy about asking questions here, there are many people here who will gladly help you if they can.

And show us the cool stuff you make, that’s always nice!

1 Like

Welcome @Shakeytown to the forum! Great folks, willing to assist! Nice to see you up and running already. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Again, welcome!
Jake

Shakeytown,

Congrats! Looks like someone was good last year! Enjoy! Hope to upgrade to one this year myself!

Dave

1 Like

@BFTracer Welcome David! Buy one, you won’t be disappointed! Quite possibly the best CNC forum for any hobby grade machines. Once again, welcome!

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome Jake!

Dave

Thanks for the kind words everyone. My first attempt with the oracle 813 didn’t go great. I tried again last night and rolled the film on with my wife’s marble rolling pin. I got this idea from a post I found on here. It worked a lot better. I still need to experiment with different bits and font, I think ??

1 Like

That looks good!

As far as bits and fonts you’ll have to play around and find out what you like. Try a v-carve with lettering, Try leaving the letters proud and milling around them etc.

1 Like