Happy Friday everyone! What a wonderfully busy time it was these past two weeks on gSender development, yet I’m very happy to have come out with quite some grand results. Once again, these developments are always in thanks to many of you who submit feedback, whether it’s a bug that’s giving you grief or a suggestion for improvement.
There was some great bug fixing this round but also some great new features!
What’s new / fixed?
- Manual value entry for X, Y, and Z locations by clicking on the location indicator
- Re-designed job progress indicator that better shows operating time and path of current file
- Now able to use variables in start/stop g-code blocks and tool changing
- Ability to enable or disable start/stop g-code blocks without clearing code
- Updates to included firmware image and Longmill default EEPROM settings in firmware tool to support endstops
- Endstop buttons now appear automatically if homing is enabled, and the home button is available on machine connect
- Rapid position buttons now available and updated to use new firmware settings
- Individual X and Y axis Go To buttons now use safe height if set in preferences, GotoXYZ0 now changed to GotoXY0, and safe height now complies to endstop-enabled machines and doesn’t descend after movement
- Better support of physical hold/unhold buttons on Longboard controller
- Tweaks to Z jogging to reduce runaway issues
- Fixed hard limit alarms to allow easier resuming of workflow
- Fixed bug with Z movement at end of surfacing program in imperial units
- Joystick jogging should now send jog cancel at direction control release
- Fixed last line run to reset on job completion
Topics I’ve noticed feedback on that we’ll be looking to address soon:
- Headless Pi operation
- More guidance for first-time users
How are y’all finding these? Let’s discuss.
Also, new updates have come to the gSender doc with more still on the way this coming week to go and give it a read and watch out for more:
Happy Friday y’all, enjoy your weekends!