Scary dumb situation in my shop today

I surfaced the spoilboard the other day and the event did not go as I as had planned. I did not think and managed to get in my own way. First I did not have my dust shoe /vac attached so MDF was going everywhere. I grabbed the shopvac and started trying to keep up with the dust. I was on the right side when I leaned over the Y rail to reach a build up of MDF dust. What could go wrong? The question I did not ask.

When I leaned over my shirt got pulled under the delrin wheels. The longmill moan and I said a bunch of OH S***s. The emergency button was on the left side out of reach. I had to use a shopvac attachment to reach across the table and hit the button. My shirt ripped free as soon as I stopped it. lol

Safety first

If know one else admits it, That is my Kind of Shop!

1 Like

Swinly, glad you dodged that bullet.
Nothing good can happen when flesh encounters a cutting tool spinning between 10,000 and 30,000 RPM. It takes just a moment or two to stop and think through an operation before you start the tool and proceed. Virtually anything can go wrong in our shops. If you are like me - I was told growing up that an ounce of prevention ā€¦

2 Likes

@Swinly Iā€™m really glad that you came away with only a scare, Lonnie. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Your experience should serve as a good wakeup call for all of us.

1 Like