Sienci Laser module reviews

Just curious if anyone had gotten and setup their Sienci laser yet, and if so, how did it perform? I’m waiting to order one depending on if people have any issues or concerns with the first batch.

1 Like

@gtrboy77 Dean: As a starting point, take a look at all the threads in the “laser” section of the “add ons and mods” category. There are several posts by users who have their Sienci laser up and running.

This is the only YT video I have seen about the new laser:

3 Likes

Got my laser a few weeks ago. Installing was easy except for a couple items.
Issue one: The bracket did not line up with the holes on the spindle mount (left or right side). I ended up re-drilling holes that lined up perfect.
Second Issue: The wires were not long enough to go all the way through the drag chain and leave enough to reach the controller (30x30 longmill). I added 2 feet to each. perfect.

After these were ironed out I proceeded to have fun. I have etched and cut 1/8" birch plywood, etched bamboo cutting boards, etched back of mirror, etched ceramic tile, and etched clear 1/8" acrylic. All tests were done with the power dips set at 3 (3 amp), 2G lens, focused to height with included spacer. I set overscan to 2.5% to reduce burning of design edges. I am using Lightburn software. Below are the setting I used with great success fun.

Birch Plywood: 3mm
Etch Fill: Set speed to 1800 mm/min, 70% power, 1 pass, overscan 2.5%
Cut: Set speed to 300 mm/min, 100% power, Constant power, 8 passes, z-step 0.40
Birch Plywood: 1.63 mm
Cut: Set speed to 300 mm/min, 100% power, Constant power, 4 passes, z-step 0.40
Bamboo cutting board:
Main Design Fill: Set speed to 1800 mm/min, 60%-70% power, 1 pass, overscan 2.5%
Large text Fill: Set speed to 1800 mm/min, 60% power, 1 pass, overscan 2.5%
Smaller Text Fill: 1) Set speed to 1600 mm/min, 60% power, 1 pass, overscan 2.5%
Mirror:
Etch backing off: Set speed to 2000 mm/min, 80%-85% power, 1 pass, overscan 2.5%
Ceramic Tile:
Etch (White tile method): Set design speed to 1400 mm/min, power 70% power, 1 pass, overscan 2.5%
1/8" Clear Acrylic:
Etch (painted metal method): Set design speed to 1550 mm/min, 40% power, 1 pass, overscan 2.5%.

Your mileage may vary! See YouTube for more info. PawPaw’s Workshop and Louisiana Hobby Guy have some good videos on the above. I hope this helps in your adventure.

Just some pictures:

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. How long would you say it took you to cut the plywood?

About 5 minutes. Probably get better at a higher dip setting, but more burning.