Signs & designs with Carbide Create Pro

Here are a couple of carves Ive done with my Longmill 30x30.

The customer for the circus signs loved them both, to my surprise… There was a very brief power outage during the carve - not long enough to stop the CNC, just enough to skip a few lines of gcode. I almost threw it out, until I considered the content of the sign… then I realized it could represent the message well, if I stressed out the sign & messed it up a little more.
Ive been using Carbide Create pro extensively for all my carving so far. Im on a free 1 year trial of it, and Im very pleased with it.
The only thing it lacks is the ability to import STL files.
Ive started using Camlab, but havent had success carving a STL file so far. Too many unknown terms being used for my level of experience so far.

4 Likes

@Markus Nicely done, Markus!

1 Like

Excellent. Been using the free Carbide Create myself. Haven’t found a free offer for Carbide Create Pro as of this date. Been thinking about buying the pro when I get more proficient with the CNC.

1 Like

They look good. Always glad to see what people are up to.

1 Like

@Markus Very Nice, thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I like the relief in the sky area. How is that done??

1 Like

Thanks guys.
@Panamapete Hi PanamaPete, its created from a heightmap, which is an image file. Light areas in the image come out as higher than dark areas once the software is done processing the image file. A few programs can do it- Kiri:Moto, Carveco, Carbide Create Pro.

Thanks. I’ll look into it.