Table machined on both sides

Here is a table I made for my little sister. Started out as a REALLY rough cut round slab of . . . . I can’t remember what kind of wood it is (any experts feel free to chime in here ha ha), used my surfacing bit to flatten one side. I used a 1/4" down cut bit to make both walnut bowties and their pockets, finally once I had the flattened top I used a 1/4" straight flute end mill to mill the pockets needed for the hairpin style legs. Took my time plotting out the 3 different start depths for the legs to make sure I would get the legs parallel to the top surface.

8 Likes

Nicely done! What do you plan to finish it with?

@Br5d thank you! And it is finished with shellac on the bottom and the live edge sides, than for the top I sanded to 180 grit and used Osmo oil. First time using that for a finish but if feels incredibly smooth.

1 Like

I love using the osmo oil on most of the furniture that I build. I usually take the sanding to 320 grit which I think is the same smoothness as a baby’s butt. For that ooooo factor.

I will definitely try taking the next one up to 320 grit to achieve that baby butt smoothness lol

Don’t forget to put a dimple on the baby’s butt! :sunglasses:

1 Like