Thanks much for your involvement

Recently, the forum has been the subject of an increasing number of spam posts. Most of these are harmless crap about financial services. Many are pretty much unintelligible.

I’m on the forum every day, off and on. I’m not sitting at my PC all day waiting for something to do, though. :grinning: As soon as I see these posts, I deal with them. There are rules that I am to follow. In many cases, those rules say that I am to warn the user officially, then take more extreme action if the warning is not heeded. In these cases, I bypass the warning and delete both the offending post and the user.

There have been times when members here have seen these posts before I have gotten to them. They have flagged them to my attention. I simply wanted to thank you all for being involved in this way to keep the forum the kind of place that we all want it to be. There is really nothing to be done to prevent these spammers from poking their self-serving noses where they don’t belong. However, with your continued efforts, we can ensure that they are a mere annoyance, and that they are wasting their time and band width.

thank you
Grant

10 Likes

@gwilki thank you for your continued work in keeping the forums helpful and friendly.

1 Like

@gwilki you are so appreciated here Grant! Thanks for what you do for us!

1 Like

Thanks for what you do Grant, and everyone involved in keeping the forums clean!

1 Like