I wanted to take a minute and share my latest dust shoe design with the community.
A big thanks for @gwilki for sharing his ideas and various prototypes and to the broader hobby CNC community who have lots of great ideas out there to derive inspiration from.
This is about my 7th spin and has hit all my 5 main goals:
- Light - avoid deflecting the router
- Narrow - avoid any loss of X travel
- Magnetic - easily moved out of the way for bit changes
- Adjustable - moves up and down the router and has flexible height in base & tilt on edges
- Effective - excellent dust and chip control
The video is hosted on Dropbox so it may take a while to load. I apologize for the occasionally scratchy mic, it was a phone headset mic and it must have rubbed my sweater.
5 O’Clock Workshop Dust Shoe Unveil: