Vectric Tool Files for Sienci bits

I know its not out there yet, but with the increase of options from Sienci for bits, is there a need, want or does anyone have them to share; Tool files with speeds and feeds for Sienci bits in Vectric.

2 Likes

I knew I shouldn’t have bounced around from a couple of different projects that I’m not quite ready for.
Then changing focus so I can learn a few new tasks only to confuse myself. Now it’s 4 pm, I have accomplished nothing today and my brain is melting like a chocolate ice cream bar.

Just so I can end on a positive and say I did something today besides eating a donut I shouldn’t have, can someone tell me; when figuring out the step-down or step over for a 30* engraving V-bit, do I go by the diameter of the tip (0.2mm) or the cutting diameter (3.175mm)?

That’s an answer I’m interested also. Do you actually calculate step overs in a Vbit?

1 Like

@Swinly There may be terminology issue here. Vectric, for example, does not consider a V-bit and an engraving bit to be the same thing. A V-bit comes to a point. An engraving bit has a tip diameter. I don’t know about other software. Is your bit a V bit (comes to a point)?

The link below is one of the bits I was adding and the one I was thinking of when I made the post

https://sienci.com/product/⅛-v-engraving-carbide-30-degree-bit/

I’m trying to get familiar with Carveco and different bits. When, how they are used, and where the numbers come from when adding to the database. I tried to do too many different things yesterday and all I did was confuse myself.

@Swinly I have a few of those bits. In Vectric-speak, they are V bits not engraving bits. That said, it really doesn’t matter all that much. However, when entering these bits into a database, you don’t set step over distance. At least, not in my opinion. The max step down can be set, and it can pretty well be set to what you want. Just keep in mind that these are reasonably delicate bits that won’t take kindly to being plunged too deeply and too quickly into anything harder than foam.

1 Like