Weight question for using a spindle motor

I have searched the forum and could not find info on this so hopefully I did not miss a previous discussion. I saw a few posts about using a 1.5 kw spindle motor and a 2.2 kw. Ideally I would like to use a 2.2 kw as it would allow use of 1/2" bits which I have a lot ofโ€ฆ But, information on the resources page says maximum weight of a spindle motor is 2.7 kg. From all the information I can find a 2.2 kw weighs about 5.2 kg, a 1.5 kw about 4 kg, and an 0.8 kw falls in line with the 2.7 kg recommended maximum. I have not ordered my LongMill yet but need to decide which spindle motor I would go with to order the correct diameter motor holder.
Thoughts from those with experience?

I too would also like to have a better understanding of spindle choices.
Yes, MK2 suggests a 2.7 kg max, but I believe others have upgraded their spindles.
Have done a forum search for spindles but not much pops up.
I would welcome to discuss spindle options with the experienced folks.
Thanks.

The key is what your engraving object is to judge how much power you choose.

To me, the priority is to have a quiet spindle, and one that will handle long tool path cycles/durations.
The ideal spindle for me would be a 1.0 - 1.5 kw water-cooled spindle (4 bearings) with ER16 collet, 65mm diameter, and 2,000 - 24,000 rpm.
If you get Metric and Imperial ER16 collets then that will handle a wide variety of cutter shank and drill diameters, up to approx 3/8".
Of course, the weight would have to be able to be handled by the MK2โ€™s Z-axis.