What diamater is your vacuum hose?

Just as I posted on the FB Group, I’m trying to collect info on what the most common sized dust shoe hoses are that are being used or that maybe would be most preferred. I’m trying out a new design right now for the LMs dust shoe and I want to make sure it’s easily adaptable to all setups.

I would love some feedback from you guys. If you could take 5 minutes to go to your LongMills and measure the inner and outer diameter of the hose you’ve got hooked up to your machines, that would be most helpful. Or alternatively, let me know what size hose you’d prefer over your current setup.

The hose I use is 1 3/4" OD on one end and fits perfectly inside the dust shoe connector. The other end is 2" and fits perfectly over my Dust Deputy input connector. The output on the Dust Deputy is slightly tapered and accepts the 2 1/2" shop vac hose. I couldn’t ask for anything better. Maybe taper the connector to accept different size hoses.

1 Like

@chrismakesstuff Chris: I am using a 2 1/2" ID dust collection flex hose that fits onto a hard ABS connector. The connector is 2 1/2" OD and 2 1/4" ID. All parts came from Lee Valley.

The connector presses snugly into the hole that I milled into my dust shoe.

For me, the beauty of this setup is that I can attach the other end of the flex hose to a 4" to 2 1/2" adaptor, which, in turn fits into 4" PVC pipe. From there, a 4" flex hose connects to my dust collector.

1 Like

The OD on my vac connection is 43mm +/- a wrap or two off duct tape and it fits snuggly into the V1 dust shoe connector.

My shopvac is a Ridgid brand. Hose OD is 2-1/4", ID is 2-3/32". Fits onto the Sienci dust shoe connector quite nicely.

Is a Craftsman 6 gallon shop vac good enough for use on a CNC machine?
Thanks

1 Like

@Dean - Yes Dean it will work. I’ve been using mine for a couple of years. I do, however, recommend some type of sawdust cyclone between the shopvac and the CNC. Home Depot Dustopper, Dust Deputy and many others. Google sawdust cyclone and you’ll get at least a dozen different brands. Price range $20-$60. These eliminate the majority of the sawdust entering the shopvac and keeping the filter from clogging up. I tried a smaller shopvac without the cyclone and burned it up pretty quickly. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

1 Like