What happened here?

Ok,here’s a new problem. I made up some cam and fence pieces in Vcarve. Running Gsender. I had the holes for the bolts made with a 1/8EM and everything else cut with a 1/4EM. Probed using the 1/8 bit. Ran the 1/8EM program and no issues. Swapped to the 1/4 bit, re-probed (made sure to switch to the 1/4 bit selection to probe). Ran the 1/4 bit program and the cuts are nearly 3/4" off. Checked my file and redownloaded it to my USB stick. Same thing. Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong? If needed I can try to upload the Vcarve file if that will help.

After measuring, looks like my 1/8" holes are off. Can’t figure out how.

Hang on, might have figured it out. I probed XYZ on the bit swap instead of just Z. Trying again.

So many things to remember to do. It’s NOTHING like 3D printing where you just load and go.

Sorry for all the posts…

Everything is good. Complete usuer error and it makes perfect sense now. I didn’t probe last night, just did the paper method for both files of the spoilboard. Just had to think it through.

@EdwardS I’m glad that you figured it out. :grinning: As you saw, in multi-bit projects, you never reset X0Y0. Only Z.

As the original issue has been addressed, I’m closing this topic. If anyone else has a similar concern, feel free to start a new topic, which will ensure that it is addressed promptly.