Where is everyone from?

@short - As I posted above to Scott and Raymond above welcome to club. Look forward to your posting projects and such. Questions or issues plenty of people here to help. If you do post problems please be as descriptive as possible and provide pictures if possible. Any problems you have, no matter how small have most likely happened to someone here. Happy carving!

1 Like

I’m in Kimberley BC, nestled between the Rockies and the Purcell mountains.

We just moved out of Prince, nice to see some “locals” on the site!

Nice to see some Kootenay folks here. Im just down the road aways in Kimberley.

I’m from Toledo, Ohio . But live in Wapakoneta, Ohio last 27 years

1 Like

Welcome @Chris4881! Lots of great people here, looking forward to seeing what you create!

1 Like

Where about in Wisconsin? I’m from Juneau Wisconsin

I was in SE Wisconsin, Burlington - outside of Milwaukee. Just retired last week to Nevada.

1 Like

Originally from Janesville, Wi., but now live in lower Alabama (more affordable, and WARMER).
Oz

Congratulations on your retirement. Good luck with all your endeavors.

Sounds much nicer than here. We are looking forward to up to 8” of snow.

Thanks for the well wishes. I heard about the snow coming that way. Today, here, it is in the low 40s with a 40 mph wind blowing desert sand everywhere. Guess nowhere is perfect. Sold my LM Mk1 just before we left and went to a smaller Fox Alien machine.

Good luck with your LM and please post your projects! Lots of great people offering amazing help when it’s needed.

1 Like

Which Fox Alien do you have? I have the 4040xe but mostly only use it with the 20W laser…it’s quite a good machine for the cost!

I have the Masuter with 300W spindle and 40W laser. Since we just arrived in Nevada, I havent had a chance to use it yet, but it is about 85% assembled. Had to go to the orange big box for a couple of screws.

Hope to have it up and running soon. Are you using gSender with yiur 4040xe or Candle?

1 Like

I used Candle for milling and Lightburn for laser. Candle is a bit rudimentary but it worked great.

2 Likes

Cedarburg, Wisconsin, USA

2 Likes

Leduc, Alberta
Have been in Alberta since 1997, moved from Prince Edward Island

1 Like

@FatSmeagol Welcome Vance! Get a favorite beverage and pull up a chair. Lots of good folks willing to help. Hope you enjoy your stay here!
Jake

1 Like

New Blaine, Arkansas

Welcome @Marty ! Thank you for your service. Great folks here who will help you along your journey. Don’t forget to add some creations along the way. Everyone who does is motivation for the rest of us.
Be Safe!
Jake