Adding rapid override to Gsender

I’m fairly new to my altmill but I’m a CNC machinist by trade. On any machine I’ve worked on there has always been a rapid override dial/button. It’s so incredibly useful especially if you’re not sure if the machine is going to hit your work holding or if your tool is too long and is about to smack into your probe.

Just a suggestion to maybe add a rapid override slider next to the feedrate override slider in gsender.

@tacohaha Welcome to the group. Would selecting precise as the jog speed perform the same function?

No it would not. I’m talking about an override for standard G0 moves, not jogging.

1 Like

The implementation is a bit different in grbl/grblHAL compared to some firmwares - specifically Rapid override only has 3 options (100%, 50% and 25%). It’s not something that could be implemented as a slider (well, intuitively at least) and is probably dubiously useful for a number of users, who would likely only be sending G0 movements as part of a toolpath.