Another name for "CNC Router"?

I’m just wondering if anyone uses a term other than “CNC Router”. I always have to explain what CNC means, and it just seems dated and awkward.

I’ve begun calling it now my Digital Mill.

Am I just over thinking this whole thing? :slight_smile:



What is a “digital mill” anyway? Computer-controlled router might work if you have to rename it, but “digital mill” is not at all clear to a listener and requires more context to begin to figure it out. OTOH, CNC (computer numerical control) router is clear and is universally recognized. I’d rather someone not just randomly decide to start renaming things (i.e. me, the earth, etc) just because of how long the name has been in use.