CNCjs Versus UGS

Thank you! @Heyward43

Almost done assembly, hoping to be running this week.

1 Like

@blats - Brent, I just realized I misquoted in one sentence. I mentioned shank sizes. That was incorrect. I only have 1/8 and 1/4 shank size bits. What I should have referenced was cutting size. Sorry about that.

1 Like

I tried CNCjs and not sure if itā€™s just me, but I had an issue where it would switch from mm to inch on me.
It ruined a good bit when I told it to move the z-axis what should have been 1mm but it had switched to inchesā€¦so it tried to move it 1 inch. :expressionless:

@Dlab006 - Thatā€™s interesting Derrell. Iā€™ve never had that issue. I work in imperial so used to using inches. The only problem I have is the jogging always starts up in metric and I have to change it to inches. Keep us posted please if you continue to have this issue.

Hello, you seem to be quite well versed with CNCjs. Can I ask what controller you are using? I recently went to the X-pro V5 and having some issues with CNCjs linked.to the X-pro.
How do you switch from mm to inch?

@Razzer - Rich, welcome to the forum first off. Just below the XYZ Work Cordinates in the upper right corner there is a box with G21(MM). If you click on that box it will show a drop down and you can select G21(IN). Or you can enter either the G20 or G21 command on the console display. Unfortunately when you close CNCjs it does not retain the setting so you have to input each time you start the program. Since gSender is based on CNCjs I switched to gSender a while back. IMHO a much better gcode sender. Works with any (I think) controller that uses GRBL gcode. And it saves your measurement setting. It does everything CNCjs does and a lot more. You can find it on GitHub. Current version is 1.0.3. Give it a look. You might like it. As for the xPro V5 I am not familiar with that one. I have the Sienci Longmill 30x30 using their GRBL controller. Itā€™s a USB based controller and will work with any gcode sender that supports GRBL. I looked up the xPro V5 and it seems to be a pretty powerful controller. Especially with the WiFi interface. Are you using WiFi or the USB? As for having issues with CNCjs the info on their web site indicates itā€™s an option. You may have to contact the xPro V5 folks for help. Good luck.

1 Like